Friday, September 25, 2009

Nightlight a Parody


Harvard University's humor and satire magazine has a spoof of Twilight coming out entitled Nighlight. They have done a parody of anything and everything. Probably the most famous spoof of the Harvard Lampoon was their 1969 spoof of Tolkein called Bored of the Rings. Here is the description on Amazon.com:

"About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my sould mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him-which I assumed was wildly out of his control-that wanted me dead. And third, I was unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me.

And thus Belle Goose falls in love with the mysterious and sparkly Edwart Mullen in the Harvard Lampoon's hilarious send up of Twilight.

Pale and klutzy, Belle arrives in Switchblade, Oregon looking for adventure, or at least an undead classmate. She soon discovers Edwart, a super-hot computer nerd with zero interest in girls. After witnessing a number of strange events-Edwart leaves his tater tots untouched at lunch! Edwart saves her from a flying snowball! - Belle has a dramatic revelation: Edwart is a vampire. but how can she convice Edwart to bite her and transform her into his eternal bride, especially when he seems to find girls so repulsive?

Complete with romance, danger, insufficient parental guardianship, creepy-stalker-like behavior, and vampire prom, Nightlight is the uproarious tale of a vampire-obsessed girl, looking for love in all the wrong places."

So what do you think? Will you buy it? It sounds pretty funny to me so I might consider it.

1 comment:

  1. Its sounds like it's gonna be hilarious. I think I'm gonna buy it, I'm a huge twilight/new moon fan and of course with all the PR it's getting, I think they're picking the perfect time to release it. It should do pretty well, a spoof on vampires and romance, gotta see it!

    ReplyDelete