Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Charlie Bewley talk to Fear Net about 'New Moon'


Your role as Demetri in New Moon is your first big break. Tell me about life before Twilight – what were you doing for a living and how did you first pursue acting?

Well, it's fairly diverse and abstract and all over the place. I grew up in the middle of England in a wonderful old farm house that was a bit of an adventure playground for me. I didn't really have too much of a leash when I was a kid, and I kind of ran amok a little bit. I wasn't too worried about my academic studies; I was good, academically, but I was more interested in being active and getting out there and making stuff and blowing stuff up and kicking things. I was a real sportsman. And when I left school having failed my exams badly – I just didn't concentrate, I was too ADD -- I went traveling. I started snowboarding, I went traveling in Europe, I had a multitude of jobs. I was a henna tattooist. I was a pot washer. I was a ski instructor. I just loved throwing myself at the most abstract things. I ended up painting walls in nightclubs, it was very strange. I did a ski season in Canada and came back with a girlfriend and went to university for four years doing French and Business. I saw myself in the financial sector and became more material with life. I went back to Whistler and rediscovered my more organic roots and decided that I'd done so much in my life, there was something great inside me but I didn't know what it was. I sat myself down and thought, "What could I do for the rest of my life?" All I thought about doing was acting. So I started to act and found myself in Vancouver, got a headshot, found an agent, and just began to act. I was in an audition room a year later standing in front of Wyck Godfrey and Chris Weitz, and that's when I booked Demetri.

To read more click here

source

No comments:

Post a Comment