Sunday, November 8, 2009

IESB's interview with Robert Pattinson


As the reluctant vampire who has millions of females swooning all over the world, Robert Pattinson has been working non-stop since signing on for the first Twilight film. Having just wrapped filming onThe Twilight Saga: Eclipse, the actor also hopes to make Bel Amiand Unbound Captives, before returning for the final chapter,Breaking Dawn, tentatively set to film in the Fall of 2010.

Q: What has this past year been like for you? How are you dealing with things? Are you more comfortable with everything now?

Rob: I guess it's inevitable that you become more comfortable. You still fight against some things. There's nothing really scary about the franchise itself. I like all the people I work with. I generally have very few disagreements about the script or anything while we're doing it, especially on New Moon. It just seemed so relaxed and easy. I've been on three different sets, since January 14th. I've had like three days off. I'm going to be on set all next year as well. I don't know what doing errands and things is really like 'cause I haven't had a sustained period of time where I've been off. I don't know how it's really changed. I still feel like I'm pretty much exactly the same, which is maybe not a good thing.

Q: What was it like to film that break-up scene between Edward and Bella?

Rob: There's something weird about it. One of the main things I felt doing that and what really helped was people's anticipation of the movie, and the fans of the series' idea about what Bella and Edward's relationship is and what it represents to them. It's some kind of ideal for a relationship. And so, just playing a scene where you're breaking up the ideal relationship, I felt a lot of the weight behind that. Also, it took away a fear of melodrama. It felt seismic, even when we were doing it. It was very much like the stepping out into the sunlight scene, at the end. You could really feel the audience watching, as you're doing it. It was a strange one to do.

Q: What were your thoughts while you were filming that scene in Italy, where Edward reveals himself in the sunlight?

Rob: I just came to a realization about that scene. It was one of the closest moments I really felt to people's emotional attachment to the character because there were so many extras there who were just Twilight fans, who had flown in to be in the town square. Just taking that one step into the light, it's been the one moment, since the first Comic-Con, where I've felt the whole weight of anticipation and responsibility to all the people who are so obsessed with the stories. It was a good moment. It was very nerve-wracking, but I probably felt the most in character that I've ever felt, throughout the whole series, at that moment.

Q: When you are shooting the more romantic things, what goes through your head?

Rob: It's weird. I keep getting told by people, "Pump up all the stuff about the action, so the guys will go and see it," but it's ridiculous. It's like saying that guys can't appreciate romance. I don't think you can say that about Gone with the Wind. I've watched Titanic and I didn't think, "Oh, this is a girl's film."

Especially in New Moon, and actually in the whole series, I've never played it thinking, "Oh, I'm in a series of girls' films and I'm doing something just for girls." I don't feel like I'm doing an animated Tiger Beat, every week. I like doing romantic scenes. I felt like a lot of the storyline in New Moon is very heartbreaking and true. I didn't think I was doing something, just for the sake of romance. I thought, in a lot of ways, that it was a really sad story.

To read more from the interview click here

It seems as all these questions are from the junket. Either way it is a good read.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment