Sunday, November 8, 2009

Taylor Lautner IESB Interview


The personable and gracious 17-year-old is soaking up all of the extraordinary experiences being a part of this film franchise has brought him and is taking it all in stride, as he prepares for the release of New Moon. At the film's press day, Taylor Lautner talked about proving his ability to convincingly portray the transformation of Jacob Black.

Q: You have a lot of opportunities in the film to show off your new physique, like when Jacob takes off his t-shirt to wipe Bella's blood.

Taylor: I start laughing so hard, every time I see that scene. "You're bleeding? Okay, let me fix it." It's so embarrassing. Here's the thing: there's a reason that he's not wearing clothes, all the time. One, when he transforms, all his clothes get shredded. He can't help it. And, when he goes into the woods to get something to put on, so that he's not naked, it's just a ripped pair of jean shorts. He's also hot. He's 108 degrees. So, that's another reason. The thing is, I love this character and story, and putting on the weight and not wearing much clothing was required by the role. A year from now, if I love a story and I love a character that requires me to lose 40 lbs, I'm ready to do it.

Q: How freeing was it to get rid of Jacob's wig?
Taylor: It was very freeing. I'd look at myself in the mirror and I wouldn't even be able to recognize myself. It was so weird just to see that hair on me. It was also very itchy, hot and annoying. And, it slowed down the filming process. Whenever it got caught in my eye or whatever, we'd have to cut and start over. It got caught in my mouth and I'd be spitting hair out in the middle of the scene. I'm coming this close to kissing Bella and I'd have to spit my hair out. It was annoying.

We actually had a picture wrap on the wig. The crew claps for you at the end of shooting. My last day of filming with the wig, we ripped it off, held it up in the air and were like, "That's a picture wrap on Taylor's wig." The whole crew gave it a standing ovation. It was amazing. It was great to chop that thing off.

To read more click here

No comments:

Post a Comment