Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TIME has a Q&A session with Robert Pattinson


Rob talks to TIME about how he landed the role of Twilight's Byronic vampire Edward Cullen, what it's like to be a generational crush and how to walk unmolested along the streets of Vancouver.

A whole generation will remember you as Edward. You're a generational crush. Is that hard to live up to or difficult to accept?
There's no living up to it. I think the major fear is just fighting too hard against it. Most people who have a downfall from a like situation is when they do try to fight, and fight and fight: I'm not this teeny bopper person, blah, blah, blah. Even if a lot of people see me and the franchise as like that, I never have, at any point. But I don't feel the need to fight against it. I've never tried to pander to any kind of audience. I've tried to make the films as intelligent and uncheesy as you could. And I've tried to make them the best they can be. I've never thought about it any other way. So I hope that pays off.

To read more click here

No comments:

Post a Comment